Thursday, April 15, 2010

second week of rehearsals!

i'm already exhausted! but the process is still going very well! we are still in the middle of trying to memorize lines and working with very minimal props. lines are due next sunday so i've been working hard to get those cemented in my head. next step is beginning to make some strong character choices. there is one scene in particular where my character goes through a complete arch on stage that I feel I need to work on. but its very difficult to do that when you're still carrying around your script!

tonight we have a day off, and we had a short rehearsal yesterday because there is another show this week in the Lab Theatre. it's Tony Kushner's "A Bright Room Called Day". the play was extremely moving and I felt that the whole production was extremely well done. it reminded me why I love the theatre so much. because it moved me and affected me in a way that just reading a textbook can't do. the show is in association with Holocaust Week here on campus, and is a very powerful piece about love, hope, and the destruction that can come out of carelessness. Also, there was a great quote in the program that I have to share.

"You'd be surprised how much being a good actor pays off". -Ronald Reagan, May 1, 1984

so, I continue to strive to be a "good actor". as promised, here is a rehearsal photo from the other night. the set has been primed and none of the furniture is the actual set furniture. it's always exciting walking into rehearsal because you never know what work has been done on the set or what new props we'll have to work with. we have some idea of what everything will look like, but we're still in the very early stages.



this is a scene of craziness just before the Kirby's come over for dinner. I can't wait to work more on this production! it's been so much fun so far I can't even imagine what it will be like once the set is done and we have all our props to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment