Monday, February 22, 2010

rejection

well, I hate to follow up an audition post with one titled "Rejection", but I am afraid I must. I didn't get the part I auditioned for on friday, and I have to say i'm surprised by my reaction. I must say I was really looking forward to the possibility of this role, and no break from the theatre, but that's obviously not an option any more! I guess I never truly realized how blessed I am to have been given the opportunities that I have been given. the roles i've been able to play have been so rewarding, and so my first meeting with rejection is proving to be difficult. however, one thing an actor must understand is that the director is looking for the best person for a role. I was not what the director was looking for, and you have to accept that fact and move on. there will be more plays!

I'm currently watching 'stage beauty', a great film about women becoming actors. if you haven't seen it yet, and you're interested in the theatre and/or theatre history, I highly recommend it! one of my favorite lines from the movie is:

"a role does not belong to an actor, and actor belongs to a role"

I think that's brilliant, and pretty thought provoking. hopefully I will find more ways to fill my time now that I have a few weeks off from any extra-curricular theatre things.

No comments:

Post a Comment